Expensive energy suffocates economies. Southeast needs to develop new energy resources, improve energy efficiency, and encourage electrical interdependence. Investing in energy infrastructure is an investment in the Southeast Alaska economy.
- I will lobby to qualify Southeast Alaska hydro as "renewable" in the eyes of the federal government.
- I strongly believe in the Power Cost Equalization program.
- I will work (and have worked) to encourage grant applications from Southeast utilities to the Alaska Renewable Energy Fund and Emerging Energy Technology Fund.
- I believe there is a lot of potential for biomass energy at both a residential and institutional scale.
- I support Alaska Energy Authority and Alaska Housing Finance programs that fund energy efficiency and weatherization improvements.